Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday...Toys Worth Buying



The theme this week over at Rocks In My Dryer for "Works For Me Wednesday" is Toys Worth Buying. There are lots of great ideas for the upcoming holidays and you can be assured they are mom and kid tested!

My addition to the theme is what to buy your child for his or her toys on the go. For any mom that has a little boy, surely you have 1 or 25 little toy cars lying around the playroom, stairs, dining room, well, any and every room of the house! My little guy loves playing with his cars and he always wants to take them with us when we run errands to play with in the car or just to have sitting beside him.

I found that a soft-sided lunch box works very well to put a few toy cars in and is completely child-friendly for my 2 1/2 year old! He will gather a few of his cars, zip them up in the little lunch box, and off we go.

The great thing is you can find themed lunchboxes at most any retail store. We picked one out that is perfect for carrying around the little guy's toy cars. You can find them in girl themes too and they would be perfect for carrying around little dolls or such. We even throw in a few books for those really long errands!

I think any kiddo would be completely happy with a favorite character themed carrying case for their toys on the go! What a great (and inexpensive) thing to buy for your child or as a gift!

3 comments:

Julie said...

great idea!

The Savvy Mama said...

I love that idea! Thanks for sharing.

carole said...

This is a great idea! I love it!