"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."~ Melody Beattie ~
This week I am thankful for:
- My husband and children that make my house a home.
- A day spent in the company of my aunt and lunch with my sister and nephew.
- Being humbled in a moment of 'green eyed-ness' and remembering this quote: "Happiness is in the heart, not in the circumstances..."
- Neighbors that truly do care.
- A soft, warm bed to fall into at the end of the day.
- A mom that gives up her Saturday afternoon to play with my toddler so my husband and I can spend the time with my daughter for a special outing just about her.
- Soft new yarn found in the perfect colors for a new project.
- The cool front that has arrived and brought with it some rain and fall weather!
- My little boy's healing knee.
- The upcoming holidays and family and friends that I look forward to sharing them with.
- The weekend in sight and plans to spend it with family.
"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord,and to sing praises unto thy name, O most high:To shew forth thy loving kindness in the morning,and thy faithfulness every night"— Psalms 92.1-2
To read more Thankful posts, visit Iris at Grace Alone.