Thursday, August 7, 2008

Thankful Thursday


The last few weeks have brought many financial demands on our family...I won't go into it all, but let's just say, everything needed maintenance or replacement all at once! Instead of dwelling on the mere pennies left in the home/car maintenance account, I will instead be thankful that we had the means to fix and replace!

Other things I am thankful for today:

  • Two safe vehicles
  • A cool air-conditioned home (temps have been over 100 for quite a few days now)
  • Clean clothes all put away in their place
  • A strong, able body
  • A clear mind amidst all the chaos of the past few weeks due to much prayer and faith
  • The man in my life that is a best friend, loving husband, and so caring and compassionate a father
  • Two little people that are so full of energy it just takes my breath away
  • My family
  • A few days break to relax with my husband and children and reflect on our many blessings

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."-- Melody Beattie

What are you thankful for my friends?

1 comment:

Angie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a message! We should all stop and think about the many things we have to be thankful for. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband, precious son, and two loving dogs. They make every day a dream come true! As for the bunny chef in my kitchen, he came from Stein Mart. I have had him for probably 7 or 8 years and I still love him!