Monday, June 1, 2009

Tap, tap, tap...Is this thing on?

Okay, I am not sure beyond family who (if anyone) actually reads anything I sporadically write here, but if you do, I need some fun advice.

I am in need of a few good books to read this summer. I have my copy of Persuasion by Jane Austen and a copy of the Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman but those two are a bit deeply written and will take some wading through to read. What I am looking for is a good read that is not smut or cheap romance but that is fun yet with some substance. You can view my Good Reads on the side bar to see some of the more recent books I have read.

Anyway, any suggestions are appreciated!

3 comments:

rachel griffith said...

of course i'm gonna throw out the twilight series in case you haven't read those yet.

i'm currently reading a series by cassandra clare. {another vampire-ish series.}

you might enjoy tending roses by lisa windgate, very good read.

good grief by lolly winston is an excellent read.
{as is happiness sold separately by her as well.}

and of course there are some classics like wuthering heights.

hope this helps.

Gnomemade said...

I love Elizabeth Berg's books. They're definitely a light read, chic-lit but with substance. Her book "A Year of Pleasures" is by far one of my favorite!

Grace {Formerly Gracie} said...

Val, I'm sending you a book that I just read for my book club. I think you'll love it! It's perfect summer ChickLit- smart, not smut and not too heavy.