Wednesday, October 22, 2008

With Love, To My Daughter...

A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer. ~Author Unknown

A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future. ~Author Unknown

I started a new project. I am still making the Granny Squares for my family room afghan but since I am confident in my ability now, I have started on an afghan for my daughter! Her room is pink and green (a garden theme) and she has a Victorian crazy quilt from PBK on it with daisy's, pink and green gingham, etc., etc.

I found a great pattern for Daisy Granny Squares and started on those! I have only completed six and need about 56 for the throw I want to make her, but I completed those in a couple of days, so I figure if I work a little each day I can have it finished for a Christmas gift! I am still deciding on whether to use all Daisy Squares or mix it up with a few plain pink, green, or white squares, or maybe some classic Granny squares in pink and green, or any combination of pink, green, and white.

I am saying a prayer with each square I make and envisioning my sweet princess snuggled up with this blanket and it keeping her warm, covering her in her mother's prayers. It is such soft yarn that I just know it will be something so nice to snuggle under.


You can find the pattern on Mary Ellen's site. There are lots of cute 'Granny Alongs' out there on blogs and some great pictures on Flickr.

No comments: